These Roads I Walk



These roads I walk on are never ending
My feet are bruised and tired of the path of life
These ankles are aching and poor knees bending
The path seems long and feels walking on a knife

The burden on my shoulders is making it hard
And the milestones keep saying you are too far
I ask myself angrily, "why am I doing this reckless errand?"
May be someone told me what you'll get at end is a star!

Chasing the star with fragile soul and frame
The star, no one has ever touched, sensed or even seen
Strangers name it 'success' 'victory' and 'fame'
Without knowing the rocky path in between

Who made me take this exhausting path?
Was it someone or was it my own voice?
Did I make myself take my own wrath?
If yes, then, I must walk and walk as I've no choice!

It is my very own journey and so I must bear
As I walk I must remind it to my own anguished self
I need to push my pain and kill the daunting fear
And I must choose to fight to keep on this journey of finding myself!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"He was never yours"

September Seventeen

Dancing in the Dark