"He was never yours"



Days run into nights and I lay here

Clothed body with my naked soul

Still watching your surprised stare

Stuck in our memories, what a fool


Writing poetry every other night

Pouring my heart on blank sheets

Searing words, sharp and bright

Drawing a broken heart's beats


My girls now tired of delusional stories

Reading a new poetic mess each day

But I can't stop writing our glories

About charm and, your mannered way


Running out of new words now

Yet staining papers, spilling ink

Ending teary eyes everyday, how?

Asking myself if you ever think


Feeling childish and futile emotions

They warned me, "Don't you fall!"

But I ignored all their red cautions

Now I stay awake, waiting for a call


"You deserve better," she reinforced

Screaming I said, "But he is the one"

Lover's delusions left her concerned

How can I convey, I love him a tonne?


I beg the moon and all the shiny stars

Bring back the night he was but mine

Skies reply, "Dear, he was never yours"

"Let love go before it breaks your spine"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the Dark

Shattered Mansion

September Seventeen