Oldest Friend

 


Clinging onto the life with weak threads

Watching the darkness that everywhere spreads

How far can I survive with threads like these?

Scared to breathe and afraid of underlying seas

Seas that are deep and wild and horribly angry

Thousands of lives they eat and still hungry

And the threads in my hands are breaking quickly 

My struggle is making the waves smile meekly 

They are ready to engulf my body and soul 

Touching eagerly to take in the whole

How far should I try to survive?

How long should I even thrive?

The winds are dangling my fragile frame

And I am trying to stick with no shame

How far should I stick here though?

Waiting for the threads to all go?

One big thunder will strike suddenly

And I'll fall in the sea abruptly

I'll drown deep inside struggling for breath

Just to hug my oldest friend, the death!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He was never yours"

September Seventeen

Dancing in the Dark