Shattered Mansion



Now when I stitch my own wounds, I realize how deep I’ve cut you

When I hear my own screaming sounds, I get what you went through

 

When I met you again, and when our palms, bodies, and lips touched again

My body convoluted at each contact and my mind rushed with pain

 

I wanted to cry in your arms and let it all out, let my heart melt

My heart wanted to scream, what it went through, how it felt

 

But there I was, present only with my exterior self, hollow and void

I shut my heart off with a switch and only let our bodies collide

 

You were right, he was right, I am a stable person with a heart of stone

My soul is empty, my heart missing; I am not love but only flesh and bone

 

I will keep my guard up if we meet again and flow into the passion

I can’t be a wife, a love, or a home to you when I am but a shattered mansion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the Dark

September Seventeen