Lovers' Game

 


Summer nights, winds weird and quiet 

Should've known our time just wasn't right


Just couldn't see you leaving peacefully 

Wish I could've let you go on more gracefully


Scream yes or say you don't feel the same

Don't want to play this cruel lovers' game


You can walk away just because I'm a mess

But forgive my impatience with your calmness


Promise I'll play and follow your every rule

I'll play the one who needs to act the fool


Of course, I'll wait here for you forevermore 

And I'll never dare to shut my heart's door


Hearing your footsteps I'll again let you in

This is a lovers' game, I'll always let you win


Some rules might break as I mend broken fate

It's okay if you can't love me, just never hate


Written on 10/03/2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He was never yours"

September Seventeen

Dancing in the Dark