Thunderstorms


There are thunderstorms out my window
Can you hear them or is it just hollow?
I can see the lightening and hear the storm
My world's become cold; is your's still warm?

My heart sinks at every sound, every light
Can you feel it or is it still sunny and bright?
The winds are shattering my window glasses
I can see the sharp, shining, falling pieces

3 AM and the chase of light and darkness
Every light brings the noise that makes me breathless
I try not to connect this storm to you
And yet here I am asking only you!

'Cause you never see the storms on my door
When I tell you, you just leave me crying on floor
And so every storm brings your presence
And every song sings with your essense

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He was never yours"

September Seventeen

Dancing in the Dark