September Seventeen



September Seventeen and we were celebrating

Chuckling together, and barefoot dancing

We were drifted so far away

But we promised there to stay

Humming together the same song

Now I wonder what went wrong?

I tore all the letters written for you

My dreams shattered & nightmares came true

How can something so beautiful turn so ugly?

Why could I never be yours truly?


September Seventeen and it was your Birthday

My wishes, our song and the sweet Play

I fell in love with the boy in the white shirt

Never knew it would turn back and hurt


And it is September Seventeen again

I've moved on but there is still the pain

But I feel safe to know you are far

Can't deal again with the emotional war

So Happy Birthday to my Long-lost Lover

I'm so glad our trouble is almost Over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the Dark

Shattered Mansion